Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA)
Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA) program is aimed towards class 12 pass-out students from any discipline who can pursue a career in hospital industry in managerial positions. Hospitals are complex in nature with various stakeholders and require professionals from various disciplines to cater to patient’s needs for quality care and delivery.
The curriculum is tailored to the needs of hospital manager having sound knowledge and practical exposure of day to day challenges faced in hospitals.
Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA) program is aimed at preparing healthcare professionals to future leaders who can effectively respond to the dynamic and ever changing healthcare industry. You will have regular contact with patients, community members, physicians, nurses, vendors, trustees, and organizational staff.
Managers in the healthcare sector have varying responsibilities, qualifications, salary range, and work hours. The main objective of the course is to enable the candidates to:
- Evaluate the management, growth and development issues faced by hospital managers
- Review and evaluate services using concepts of organization and structure, methods of planning and managing human, financial, material resources etc.
- Analyze and develop hospital policies in the relevant local and national context
- Understand the principles of good governance and professional ethics
- Communicate effectively, work in groups, set priorities and manage workload effectively
As with other management positions, healthcare administrators must supervise people, solve problems, and make critical decisions quickly.
While enrolled in Bachelor's degree program in healthcare administration, students learn about the various mechanisms that affect the day-to-day operations of healthcare centers, including staffing and training, accounting, quality management, and human resources. Candidates are encouraged to complete an internship or work study program to gain job experience.
Eligibility for Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]
10+2 in any stream from a recognized board
Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA) Career Prospects
After successful completion of Bachelor in Hospital Administration, one can either pursue a master’s course in the same. There are various diploma courses as well. Others who wish to work can find employment in areas including:
- Ambulatory health care service
- Community care facility for the elderly
- Dental office
- Federal government health care facility
- Health care consulting firm
- Health clinic
- Health system
- Home health care service
- Insurance company
- Medical and diagnostic laboratory
- Nursing or residential care facility
- Office of other health care practitioner
- Outpatient care center
Remuneration of a Hospital Administrator / Manager depends on the type of organization she/he works for. Large corporate organizations pay a lucrative amount as salary. Some other job profiles associated with the course include: Professional Hospital administrators, Assistant Hospital Administrators, Healthcare service manager, Medical service manager, Healthcare administrator, Assistant hospital administrator, Health information manager.